Anesthesia billing is a specialty, unlike others in that there are many factors to take into consideration in order to prepare clean claims. Further, to effectively process claims, appropriate billing software is required. An expert billing team trained in handling anesthesia billing is an asset to any practice.
Bristol Healthcare Services is a medical billing company serving medical professionals for over 25 years. Over the years, we have developed our expertise in many specialties. We provide services to small and large groups in most states of the country. Our experienced team and technology ensure that we increase your revenues.
Anesthesia billing requires that the coders and billers possess knowledge of the following
• Modifiers and how to use modifiers accurately to prepare clean claims
• Qualifying circumstances can be submitted to the payor if the services rendered are considered acceptable and needed. The additional codes can mean higher payment for the anesthesiologist or CRNA.
• Physical status modifiers which are used for declaring the physical health of a patient at the time of a procedure. This can increase the profitability of your facility
• Calculation of base units
Our experienced and trained billers and coders who know these points will ensure that they are used correctly to maximize your revenue.
Claims are denied by payors for several reasons.
In Anesthesia billing, some of the most common ones are:
• Inappropriate Bundling
• Medical Necessity
• Prior Authorization
• Request for Supporting Documentation
• Time rounding & other underpayment scenarios
How Bristol Healthcare will help you
At Bristol Healthcare Services, our processes are so designed that denials are kept to the minimum.
Our team is also careful while undertaking a reconciliation process for every line item of a claim. This is part of our Revenue Cycle Management workflow and involves:
• Compiling all the anesthesia notes on the services performed.
• Preparing clean claims based on the notes for the surgical and pain procedures performed.
• Submitting the claims to payors for reimbursement.
• Monitoring claims to ensure that correct payment is received within contracted time frames. Each line item is monitored and compared with the contracted rates with payors to ensure that payment is received correctly.
• If payment is received but does not match the contracted amount, we resubmit the paperwork repeatedly until the claim is paid in full.
The management at Bristol Healthcare Services believes in the continuing education of its staff. Training becomes imperative in an ever-evolving industry where rules and regulations are changed regularly. We ensure that billers and coders are on top of these changes; such expertise results in submitting clean claims and full payment.
As an anesthesiologist, you face special requirements in the billing process for the services you render. Bristol Healthcare Services has the right team for you – a knowledgeable and expert team – who will correctly code and submit claims to ensure that there is complete reimbursement for you.
Partner with us for a mutually rewarding relationship!