We offer a full range of conversion services, from simple data entry to complex content conversion projects.
Our capabilities include:
- High-volume data entry and OCR (99.5%-99.995% data accuracy rates).
- Conversion of complex source material from hardcopy, microfilm, or digital files to XML, SGML, any SQL-compliant database, or any content management system format.
- Electronic file conversion between formats and from PDF, MS-Word, and QuarkXpress to XML, SGML, EPUB, MOBI, or other client-specified formats.
- Creation of online PDF and eBooks, as well as print-on-demand files.
- Digital preservation of archival materials, brittle books, and oversized items.
- Ability to convert all Roman-character-based languages (e.g., Latin, Danish, Gothic Letter forms) and transliterate some non-Roman-character-based languages (such as Hebrew, Arabic, and Chinese).
Just as the earlier standards from the industry set the stage for widespread eBook adoption, EPUB3 will standardize the creation of rich multimedia and interactive experiences for eBooks. We are the leaders in this emerging standard, a member of the International Digital Publishing Forum, the EPUB3 technical specifications working group, and the EDUPUB initiative for EPUB3, which is advancing effective adoption of etextbooks and other digital learning materials via EPUB3. We have developed workflows and processes that will streamline the use of EPUB3 once it gains broader adoption. In the meantime, as EPUB3 evolves, we are constantly testing EPUB3 books across various devices and platforms to keep our clients up-to-date on which functions are currently supported by which devices. EPUB3 makes it easier to create high-quality eBooks, and no matter which devices emerge as the winners in the marketplace, we are ready to help publishers prepare their content to take full advantage of the new format.
MOBI, KF8, Kindle (MOBI and KF8)
We possess couple of experience providing Kindle conversion services, and can transform content from most source formats-such as InDesign, PDF, Word, and Quark Express-into MOBI, KF8, and Kindle formats. We can also take content created in HTML5 for other eBook formats and reuse it in KF8 devices.
Reflow and Fixed Layout
While many new books will undoubtedly be published in an enhanced format, many new and existing titles will be converted into traditional fixed layouts. For these projects, we experience in digitization and conversion enables us to deliver the highest quality at the lowest cost. We're well-equipped to deliver large-volume conversion projects that require quick turnaround times. Experienced with both text-heavy and graphics-filled content, our team can advise you on whether fixed or refill layouts will work better for your material and for the type of device you plan to display it on. We can then produce reflow, fixed layouts, as well as interactive media assets for you. Our expertise extends across industry segments.
Enhanced and Interactive Content
As more authors and publishers create books specifically designed for digital consumption, enhanced eBooks are becoming increasingly common. Our expertise can help publishers take full advantage of enhanced eBooks, which feature hidden searchable text; rich media features, including audio, video, and interactivity; and internal and external linking. We enrich content with semantic tagging, make sure it is interoperable across devices, and ensure it supports accessibility standards so the information is available to color-blind and visually-impaired users.