Our Indexing Process
Streamlined operations for maximized productivity and quicker turn-around time.
- Scanning: Medical Records are scanned by the batch for indexing.
- Secure Access: Our team then accesses the scanned documents using an end-to-end encrypted, highly-secure VPN network.
- Accurate Indexing: All patient records and related documents are then reviewed and cataloged. After a thorough inspection, each document is accurately indexed into its relevant electronic records.
- Quality Audit: The indexed records are then reviewed thoroughly by our quality-audit team for guaranteed accuracy and consistency.
- Real-Time Reporting: Get real-time updates...
Enlist Certified Expertize
At Bristol Healthcare Services, we take great pride in providing award-winning medical billing, medical coding and revenue cycle management services to healthcare providers across the country for over 25 years.
Healthcare providers are continuously looking for newer ways to gain greater insight into their patients and improve their care. To achieve this, providers must reference various patient data in order to provide personalized, effective treatment. Our team is well-experienced in delivering high-quality medical records indexing services that comprehensively manage your patients’ demographic data, treatment-related information, clinical history, medical reports, etc., in a systematic and organized manner for on-demand retrieval. So you can stay focused on offering the best care to your patients while we take on the responsibility of cataloging their records.
Ready to take your practice to the next level?
Partner with an expert who can handle all aspects of your practice's administrative and financial aspects - so you can focus on providing quality patient care. Schedule a no-commitment, free-demo today.Connect
Medical Records Indexing
Medical records indexing is the elaborate process of streamlining and organizing a patient’s demographic, diagnostic, and treatment-related information in an electronic format for future recall. This categorical and extensive archival of a patient’s medical history, in an easy-to-access format, enables healthcare professionals to enhance, improve and personalize their patient care further. Maintaining comprehensive and accurate medical records is mandatory for healthcare providers and is generally enforced as a licensing or certification prerequisite in the United States.
Although there are various types of medical records, the three most commonly used by doctors and patients are:
- Personal Health Records : In general, any medical record you possess is considered a Personal Health Record (PHR). This comprises records in either paper form or on devices and websites. It contains information that is created and stored by your healthcare provider.
- Electronic Medical Records: EMRs or Electronic Medical records are electronic files stored securely using an online application for easy access and management. These files are generally used by Labs and Hospitals and not shared with providers outside the system.
- Electronic Health Records: EHRs or Electronic Health Records are designed to be shared and managed between various healthcare providers. This format enables easy transfer of information between your physician, hospital, lab, drug store, etc.
Benefits of Medical Records Indexing
Our goal is to improve your business and grow along with you. Partner with us and see the difference.
- Improved Patient-Care: Collecting and organizing a patient’s medical history electronically enables healthcare providers to draw upon necessary information, on-demand, to enhance their prognosis and treatment.
- Ease of Search: Paper documents take up shelf space over time and complicate the information retrieval and referencing process. When done accurately, electronic medical records indexing enables healthcare providers to find specific keywords or documents instantly.
- Hassle-Free Storage: As it is mandatory to archive a patient’s data for a minimum of 7 years, electronic documentation helps save on valuable retail space.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Medical records indexing provides a faster and safer way for various healthcare providers to share and manage patient information for enhanced patient-focused healthcare.
Our team of experts are well versed and experienced with most of the popular software used by clients today.
What Our Clients Say
Together with our clients, BHS experts partner to achieve desired outcomes
and push the boundaries of what's possible.
“Jay – Great. I really appreciate your in-depth analysis on our outstanding. Your AR recovery process has been excellent.”
“We greatly appreciate the conscientious nature of your team. Their concern for quality is clear in the work that they perform.”
“Your attention to detail is excellent. Thanks for catching my staff’s error. I just love talking to Ray about process improvements.”
“Jay! Thanks to you and your team for formulating a winning team! I am proud to be aligned with you guys!”
“Our partnership with Bristol proved to be a game-changer. Their expertise in revenue cycle management and their commitment to delivering excellent service has truly transformed our practice's financial outlook.”
“If it wasn’t for your verification team, I would’ve never known I needed authorization for this surgical procedure. They have consistently sent verified reports on time, every day.”
“I highly recommend Bristol to any healthcare provider seeking a reliable and efficient medical billing partner. Their commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and dedication to maximizing revenue has been instrumental in helping our practice thrive financially.”
“Do you guys ever sleep? Thank you for answering all my questions immediately. I can’t imagine what I will do without your team.”
“I thank your coders for clearing our four months backlog within two weeks. I appreciate all your recommendations, it surely helps to improve our documentation.”
“Partnering with Bristol has been one of the best decisions I've made for my clinic, and I am grateful for their invaluable support."
“You have consistently provided accurate billing entries for us. I thank the entire team for a job well done."
“Your follow-up methodology seems to be working. Our collections have been increasing month on month. Great job! Stay on it.”
“I wanted to pass on our appreciation for the work the Bristol team is doing on the new BristolByte™ Quick Save feature. I am quite impressed by the speed with which the team is making design changes and implementing a process that will surely save us time. We appreciate it!”
“Their team took the time to understand our practice’s unique needs and workflows to implement a personalized billing process that ensured improved reimbursement rates. We’ve now eliminated duplicate data entry, minimized errors, and saved our staff valuable time.“
“With their expertise in managing our billing processes, we have been able to focus on what truly matters – delivering outstanding orthopedic care to our patients.”